Tuesday, August 5, 2008

GREAT NEWS~!!!!!!

OK, so here is the good news of the afternoon.......I call Le bonheur Children's hospital in Memphis. They are able to get us in to see one of their pediatric neurologists...Dr Lynn. Everything came together like crazy this morning.......

I called and got transferred to this lovely lady named Cheryl. She was able to get us an appointment with Dr Lynn on Monday (yes, Monday August 11th~only 5 days away) for an evaluation. At that point they will decide if she can wait, or if she needs the video EEG and everything sooner. I spoke with the Dr's office, called the insurance company to make sure that my insurance will cover this hospital and Dr~which it does, spoke with my Dr's office to get the records faxed, which they told me would take 7-10 days. But Cheryl called and was able to get them to agree to fax them today (or tomorrow at the latest). Now this evening I am going to call the Ronald McDonald house and see if we can get in Sunday night.

So as it stands, mom, me and Karlie are heading to Memphis on Sunday. I have never driven that far east myself, but I am excited that we are getting Karlie in. If for no other reason than for the Dr to tell us that we shouldn't worry so much and she will be ok to wait until the September 8th Texas trip. That alone will be worth the trip. Or they will be able to get her in sooner.

Just wanted to let everyone know what the latest was!!!

No comments: