Wednesday, October 22, 2008

We went back to Memphis!

OK, so we went back to Memphis early this week......let me set the stage. Last Monday, my Grandma passed away. (the last time we were in Memphis, three months ago, my grandpa passed away also.) So Thursday we headed to Kansas City for the Funeral that was on Friday......not easy, but she is much happier being back with my Grandpa up there in heaven.....so we know it is for the best. But that doesn't make it any easier. So then we headed back to Enid Friday after the funeral. I got a ticket to the OU game for Saturday, and then we left for Memphis on Sunday. I'm pretty sure I told you all before, but it is a 10 hour drive to Memphis from Enid.

Well, we made it to North Little Rock and I was getting Karlie and mom and me some supper and when we were headed back onto the highway, we got in a wreck. According to the police it was my fault, but I don't know that I was 100% at fault. But they police showed up and just moved us off the intersection. Not really taking notes or looking too closely. Anyway, minor damage and we were back on the road. We made it to Memphis at 11 pm. (it took a bit longer than 10 hours). Now, keep in mind that Karlie was supposed to be sleep deprived for her EEG on Monday morning. She went all day Sunday without a nap. Karlie stayed up until 3:30 on Monday morning. She did awesome!!!!

We were late getting up Monday morning.....Karlie and I were a bit tired. But we were only about 5 minutes late for our appointment. Not too bad all things considered. Dr Wheless was very impressed with what we told him about Karlie. We hadn't seen a seizure in about 4-6 weeks. Then we headed across the street for Karlie's EEG. They wanted her to sleep for this. She did awesome! They even let me snuggle up with her in the bed. (I slept pretty good myself :) couldn't help it!!!!) Anyway, the lady that did the wires for Karlie was the same one that had done it one of the last times we were there 3 months ago. She remembered us even!!!

After the hour long EEG we went shopping! Karlie got a new hat (To cover up her yucky hair from the EEG goop) and we went shopping!! Then we went back to the hotel and went swimming for a bit. (anything to keep Karlie going at this point. We were hoping to get her to bed early......) she started going strong!!!!!

We finally got to bed and left Memphis on Tuesday morning after a good nights sleep. No accidents this time.

Bottom line....I spoke with the Dr's nurse today, and she said that Dr Wheless said that Karlie's EEG had improved 50-60% since the last time we were there 3 months ago. Hooray!!!!!!!! That is awesome! We go back in 4 months for another appointment and another EEG.

So, thank you all for all your prayers. They are all so much appreciated. They have helped so much.

1 comment:

Mark Brown said...

:) I'm so happy for you!

I'll Keep praying!

Love ya.